Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Coleen's Testimony

A few weeks ago I posted about the Gervasio family. Coleen, Mike, and Jackie each made the decision to be baptized and confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on July 7. Coleen agreed to write her testimony so I could share it with you.

   I would like to take a moment and tell you how I feel about myself and how I started attending the church. I came to know the church when I cam to visit my good friend Denise who I had the great pleasure of meeting when I had lived in Georgia.
   When my family and I decided to visit her in Tennessee, she asked if we would like to go to church with her. So my kids and I went. We thought it was nice, but never really thought we would become a member. My friend had many times had some Elders come to her home and sometimes I was there and would listen to what they said. I thought it was very interesting but never really thought sometime later I would move to Tennessee.
   We continued to attend church with my friend. While attending the church I began to make and meet lots of people who were nice to me and my family.
   To speed up to the present time, we have been going with her and her family every weekend. WE also started attending the young women and young men for my kids. While the kids were in their activities, I would meet up with the sister missionaries. They would explain the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I keep seeing the girls at church, on Wednesday, and even at our home. Until one evening the girls thought we would talk. They went over some things and then said, "we think you are ready to be baptized".
   I was a little shocked but this I have to say, I felt relieved. So, after talking we prayed and I must say, I did feel a little something. I never really knew what that felt like until that very moment. I told the girls and they said that was the spirit talking to me, telling me its OK and i should do it. Well, the girls said they would take care of all that needed to be done. I said OK.
   So, on July 7, 2012 I am pleased to say I was baptized with the wonderful other people in my life, my son and daughter. We all got the chance to do it together. It was a very special day for all of us. I have to say, it has made a difference in my life, knowing our Heavenly Father is there for us and we can talk to Him whenever.
   I want to thank the sisters for all they have done for me and my family and that they will always be in our lives, hearts, and prayers for today till we meet again in the Celestial Kingdom. You guys have made me a better person. You will always be my sisters. Thanks again.




No comments:

Post a Comment